Keyrus Life Science is looking on a regular basis for Medical Affairs Consultants to join our consulting team for clients' projects (from big pharma to small biotech) based in Belgium.
This job description is an example on how your job could look like. Once we have a specific project and client you will be informed and you will have of course the choice to be presented at our client.
Your potential challenges could be:
- Develop and continuously maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise in different therapeutic fields, and adjacent specialties, especially in areas which affect the company.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of and appropriately implement current local pharmaceutical regulation in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs and ensure implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses for personal education and engagement and scientific exchange with the medical and scientific community.
- Support the development and drive implementation of a local Medical Affairs Plan and strategy, to support best clinical practice and the overall corporate objectives.
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive scientific information concerning the products is available to decision makers and healthcare providers.
- Work closely with partners to identify and address staff training needs. Conduct and provide medical leadership to training programs for the commercial teams and other functions.
- Coordinate the timely and appropriate response to internal and external Medical Information enquiries, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements.
- Drive the identification, development, and alignment with Key Opinion Leaders, other important customers and stakeholders, including professional organizations.
- Support the implementation of medical affairs practices to assess new indications, the treating community, patient pathways, diagnostic practices, and management strategies in relevant disease areas.
- In conjunction with clinical operations support clinical study feasibility and effective study implementation and on-going management of company sponsored trials, including disease registries.
- Ensure all publication activities adhere to SOPs, which includes filing, archiving, and timely communications and follow-up with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure update of data dissemination plan at periodic intervals as deemed necessary.
- Maintain timelines and facilitated milestones to ensure timely delivery of publication material to scientific congresses and/or journals.
- Provide updates of scientific publication activities on a regular basis and/or as directed. This may include provision of updates in PowerPoint, word, or other formats.
- Participate in timely submission of regulatory documents or other medical affairs documents as needed.
- Relevant scientific degree essential (MD, PhD or PharmaD).
- Minimum 2 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical field experience.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. French and/or Dutch are valuable assets in Belgium.
- Prior experience as in Medical Affairs is a must.
- Proven track record of relationship development in the industry.
- Proven ability and experience to present complex scientific data.
- Prior exposure to complex matrix organizations or experience working as part of a virtual team is a plus.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organizational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
What we offer
Join a fast-growing team in Belgium that is the Consulting team and be an important point of contact for the Consulting department on Keyrus Life Science's projects! You will have the chance to have an active role within the Consulting department, collaborating for a well-known pharma firm and still be part of a family-sized company which is Keyrus Life Science.
At Keyrus, thanks to the expertise of our people and external partners, each employee is welcomed with a varied integration program. You will join a dynamic and international environment with enthusiastic and professional colleagues.
We invest considerable time and resources in training our staff (technical and non-technical courses) to continuously support you in your personal and professional growth. On top of this, you will receive a complete salary package including attractive extra-legal benefits (company car, petrol card, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization…) based on your background and experience.
Who we are
Keyrus Life Science is an international Consulting, Contract Research Organisation and Functional Services provider with a reputation for transparency and integrity, highly focused on being able to deliver with excellence. Our ‘human’ approach to service provision is what differentiates us from our competitors. Combined with our high calibre staff, this approach has allowed us to become a key player in clinical research.
At Keyrus Life Science we’re proud of our commitment to delivering services of the highest quality, not only skilfully, efficiently and reliably, but also with sincerity and genuine care for our clients’ projects, priorities and reputation. Thus we maintain and advance our vision and our standards, all the while ensuring that we serve your interests better.
From early- to late-stage drug development, our range of services includes: Project Management, Clinical Operations, Pharmacovigilance, Quality Assurance (GxP), Regulatory Affairs Strategy & Support, Data Management, Medical Review & Coding, Biostatistics, Medical Writing & Medical Information, Real World evidence services.